United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voices heard and win!
With an online reach of over 4 million, more than 400,000 members as well as 5 statewide branches and over 100 local groups across 28 states. UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots-driven approach has a proven record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
United We Dream Network seeks an Individual Giving Manager to lead annual fundraising efforts, primarily focused on individual donors. This position will lead the creation and successful implementation of a robust, sustainable individual giving program. The ideal candidate will be passionate about UWD’s mission, have an entrepreneurial approach, work collaboratively across teams, and be committed to sharing knowledge and building capacity through mentoring and training. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position based in Washington, D.C., though remote working will be considered.
- Create and drive the implementation of UWD’s individual giving strategy, in partnership with the Development Director.
- Produce proposals and cultivation materials, identify potential new revenue sources, and ensure that all UWD donors are properly stewarded.
- Develop multi-channel fundraising strategies to significantly increase all streams of individual giving and pool of major gifts prospects.
- Personally manage a track of approximately 75 individual donors and prospects.
- Foster broad internal participation in fundraising through effective internal communications, building trusting relationships with staff at all levels, and providing training and support to enable staff to confidently participate in fundraising activities.
- Undertake a suite of comprehensive individual giving pipeline development initiatives, including research and expansion of the donor pipeline and creation of tailored plans for donors and prospects.
- Manage and execute the expansion of a multi-channel small-dollar donor program, ensuring the identification of high-value targets, development and testing of segmented appeals, and rigorous analysis of data, in partnership with our Digital Team.
- Conduct systematic outreach to deepen relationships with major charitable trusts and charity aggregators.
- Support donor management by expanding and enhancing relationship management tools and systems including Raiser’s Edge, and providing customized communication collateral, for use across the organization.
- Develop high-quality proposals for donors, undertaking further research into the funder’s priorities and drawing insight from types of projects funded in the past, in collaboration with leadership and program staff.
- Support fundraising efforts of leadership and program staff through creation and refinement of organizational materials and documentation to fulfill funder due diligence requirements.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in development and cultivating individual giving.
- Track record of success of growing individual giving over multiple channels and closure of 5-figure gifts or higher.
- Comprehensive knowledge of individual giving programs at all levels, from mass market outreach to targeted major donor cultivation
- Ability to create an inspiring case for support that motivates internal and external audiences.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving skills and communication (oral, written, interpersonal). Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential needs or problems, and work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed up to 25%, and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital resources and tools.
- Entrepreneurial, tenacious, results-driven, and solutions-oriented.
- Service orientation in supporting multiple stakeholders.
- Tact, diplomacy, and the ability to work and thrive within a diverse team.
- Fundraising experience in the immigrant rights, organizing and/or advocacy ecosystem.
- Successful experience engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge.
- Staff management experience.
- Sense of humor.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. United We Dream offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, retirement plans and life insurance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.