United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voices heard and win!
With an online reach of over 4 million, more than 400,000 members as well as 5 statewide branches and over 100 local groups across 28 states. UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots-driven approach has a proven record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
United We Dream Network seeks an experienced Senior Grants Manager to oversee the administration of the organization’s grants portfolio and processes, produce funding proposals and reports, identify and cultivate prospects, strengthen internal systems, and ensure alignment of funding opportunities with organizational goals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about UWD’s mission, understand the funding landscape in the advocacy and public policy space, have an entrepreneurial approach, work collaboratively across teams, and be committed to sharing knowledge and building capacity through mentoring and training. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position based in Washington, D.C., though remote working will be considered.
- Create and drive the implementation of UWD’s grantseeking strategy, in partnership with the Development Director
- Writing compelling proposals and reports
- Manage proposal and report production and process, from concept/RFP to submission
- Identify organizational funding priorities and develop compelling case statements and concept notes that effectively promote these priorities to potential funders
- Provide proper level of cultivation and communication with funders to maintain effective partnerships.
- Maintain organization’s grants calendar and ensure all internal and external deadlines are met
- Collaborate with Finance and relevant departments to obtain needed information to create budgets
- Manage quarterly reviews on grant deliverables with Finance and relevant teams
- Work in partnership with Development Operations Manager and Finance team on revenue reconciliation and forecasting
- Provide grants management support and coaching to UWD’s three fiscally sponsored affiliates
- Work in partnership with Development Director to develop and implement fundraising strategy
- Provide strong document management and record-keeping (proposals, agreements, reports, budgets, contact reports, grant attachments) in central file and CRM
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years grant writing and grants management experience
- Track record of success in cultivating, securing, and stewarding grants of six-figures or higher
- Experience synthesizing complex information and to developing winning proposals
- Strong editing skills.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving skills and communication (oral, written, interpersonal).
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and communicate potential needs or problems, and work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed up to 25%, and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital resources and tools
- Entrepreneurial, tenacious, results-driven, and solutions-oriented
- Service orientation in supporting multiple stakeholders
- Tact, diplomacy, and the ability to work and thrive within a diverse team.
- Fundraising experience in the immigrant rights, organizing and/or advocacy ecosystem
- Successful experience engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process
- Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge
- Staff management experience
- Sense of humor
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. United We Dream offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, retirement plans and life insurance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include SENIOR GRANTS MANAGER (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.