United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voices heard and win!
With an online reach of over 4 million, more than 400,000 members as well as 5 statewide branches and over 100 local groups across 28 states. UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots-driven approach has a proven record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
United We Dream (UWD) seeks a Development CRM Administrator to oversee critical systems and services to support our fundraising program, activities and staff. This position will serve as administrator for UWD’s fundraising CRM (The Raiser’s Edge), manage gift tracking and acknowledgement production, reporting and data analyses production, prospect research, systems training, and support in the management of foundation reporting deadlines. The ideal candidate will be passionate about UWD’s mission, have an entrepreneurial approach, work collaboratively across teams, and be committed to sharing knowledge and building capacity through mentoring and training. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position based in Washington, D.C., though remote working will be considered.
- Administer the donor database and ensure its accuracy and integrity. Oversee and execute data entry procedures and maintain consistent standards for donor data. Support in training of staff on use of the database and provide regular updates to manager on best practices and/or challenges.
- Lead database maintenance, integration, enhancement, and conversion projects. Identify and document development database needs on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure accurate gift entry, appropriate acknowledgement of all donations, and approval of matching gift requests. Regularly review and revise gift acceptance policies and gift entry and acknowledgement procedures.
- Create dashboards and reports on key performance metrics/indicators to evaluate performance and inform strategy. Develop and communicate policies and procedures for prospect assignment, management, moves entry, and coding. Implement changes as necessary to increase efficiencies.
- Generate reports, conduct proactive prospect research and create donor profiles. Support donor events and briefings.
- Support Individual Giving Manager in tracking and executing donor stewardship and cultivation touches through CRM management.
- Provide data-driven recommendations and support for solicitation segmentation, mail house management, and in-house execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Individual Giving Manager.
- Coordinate metrics collection from program and field staff to ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage and maintain donor profiles, contacts, and meeting notes inputted and updated through CRM
- Monitor contributions and ensure gifts are properly processed and recorded.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving skills and communication (oral, written, interpersonal). Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential needs or problems, and work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed up to 5% and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital resources and tools.
- Entrepreneurial, tenacious, and data-driven approach to decision-making. Results-driven and solutions-oriented.
- Service orientation in supporting multiple stakeholders.
- Tact, diplomacy, and the ability to work and thrive within a diverse team.
- Deeply committed to United We Dream’s mission and an ability to balance your burning passion for justice with a good sense of humor.
- A creative approach about individual donors, ready to experiment, evaluate experiments, and build a strategy for bringing more individual donors and major donors into the organization.
- Born to market and sell with a manager, delegator, and coach mentality.
- Detail-oriented with a command for polished, metric-driven, beautiful, and relatable products.
- A diligent work planner with the ability to manage and sequence multiple projects on short and long-term deadlines, and to plan for the department labor it will take to get things done ahead of schedule.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Experience with immigrant youth/immigrant rights organizing and advocacy preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge
- Fundraising experience in the immigrant rights, organizing and/or advocacy ecosystem
- Sense of humor
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. United We Dream offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, retirement plans and life insurance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include CRM Administrator (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability