United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voices heard and win!
With an online reach of over 5 million, more than 500,000 members as well as 5 statewide branches and over 100 local groups across 28 states. UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots-driven approach has a proven record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
The Data Manager position is ideal for someone who is experienced with and enjoys working with large, complex databases to support social movements and change.
Reporting to United We Dream’s Digital Organizing Manager, and working with United We Dream’s Digital Team, the Data Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining UWD’s databases – specifically related to membership, online fundraising, email marketing. They will be responsible for keeping current data clean and consistent, and also to identify and recommend changes for future database expansion, migration and/or integration to support UWD’s strategic goals. In addition, and more importantly, the Data Manager will be responsible for actionable insights and recommendations from data – working across teams to regularly analyze, summarize, and report on insights from data analysis to various audiences both internally and externally.
- Maintain current databases related to membership, online fundraising, and email marketing. Ensure data remains clean and consistent across platforms
- Analyze membership, online and fundraising data for trends and insights, and make recommendations based on insights
- Develop regular data reports for Digital, Field, Development and other teams internally
- Develop and/or make recommendations for data dashboards and automated data reporting
- Design surveys and systems for collecting data of online members
- Design and implement AB testing and other types of tests
- Work with Field Department to ensure that accurate, consistent data is being collected on the ground. Identify any gaps in process or knowledge, and make recommendations for improving data collection (e.g., trainings)
- Regularly review UWD data needs, metrics, and platforms; make recommendations for future database design and platform(s) as needed, and oversee any implementation and data migrations or integrations necessary
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- At least 1 year of experience working with databases, data analysis, and reporting, preferably in membership-driven, advocacy, movement-building, and/or social service nonprofit organizations or consulting firms serving these organizations
- Experience working with online fundraising and membership management platforms, preferably ActBlue and/or Action Network
- Ability to analyze and draw insights from data, and to synthesize and present the most important insights to senior-level and non-data people in an easy-to-understand way
- Impeccable attention to detail; able to spot mistakes and inconsistencies missed by others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google G-Suite applications, especially for analysis and presentation of data
- Skilled at data visualization and dashboard reporting techniques and platforms such as Tableau
- Experience designing surveys and other data collection instruments
- Able to work with, and integrate data and insights from, individuals and teams across various departments
- Able to work in a virtual, geographically-distributed organization
- Commitment to United We Dream’s mission and values
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, at least one writing example, and salary requirement via email to email@example.com and include DIGITAL DATA ANALYST (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.