United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voices heard and win!
With an online reach of over 4 million, more than 400,000 members as well as 5 statewide branches and over 100 local groups across 28 states. UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots-driven approach has a proven record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
The Florida Administrative Coordinator is central to the success of UWD’s Florida field programming and operations. The ideal candidate is deeply committed and aspires to have a working knowledge of immigrant youth-led organizing and movement-building, as well as recruitment and leadership development. They are solution-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and “detail” is their middle name.
This position is centered in the front-lines of the organization while executing administrative, budgeting and logistical functions that inspire the team with forethought and reliability. S/he participates in program activities, while identifying the administrative needs of the field. S/he is creatively closes the gaps between the field, UWD’s Operations and other departments, and serves as they communications hub between FL team members, supporting FL staff and fellows. Ideally, s/he aspires to make operations, administration, human resources, and event planning in movement organizations a calling.
This is a part-time position, requiring a high level of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality. This staff reports to the Florida State Coordinator based in Miami.
- Actively participate in weekly strategy meetings with the UWD FL team and take notes of these meetings.
- Contribute to a healthy culture of accountability, creativity, and teamwork.
- Make all supply orders and serve as contact for all vendors serving Florida operations (including office, telephone and other) working with UWD Ops team to ensure contracts are in place, accounts established, and payments are made.
- Process purchase orders through UWD and/or effectively uses amazon.com, Egencia and expensify.
- Make sure all FL staff have access to operating equipment (laptops, printers, scanners, WIFI, etc.) and ensure maintenance and repair arrangements are available.
- Sort and distribute all mail and packages and maintain calendar of reservations made to use the FL Office Conference Room.
Budget and Expense Tracking
- Provide budgeting support to FL Coordinator on UWD FL expenses and activities based on approved budgets.
- Work with field leads in developing event and budget proposals, coordinating with the Field Administrative Coordinator to assure budgets fully reflect anticipated needs.
- Support DC Ops staff requests to ensure receipts are submitted (either for out-of-pocket expense reimbursements or debit card expenditures).
- Provide logistical support and coordination for United We Dream organizing work
- Ensure compliance of event budget approval:
- Budgets prepared by FL Director with FL Administrative Organizer support;
- Budgets approved by National Field Director;
- Budgets overseen by Finance Director;
- Contracts approved by Operations and HR Director.
- Coordinate with National Logistics Director and coordinator in identifying space, food and beverage arrangements are made, other local vendors and services are identified; supplies and audiovisual equipment are ordered; travel arrangements are made.
- Work with event staff lead to collect all event-related documents for printing or electronic distribution for participants.
- Serve as liaison with vendors as needed.
- Ensures on-site set-up and clean-up for convening as necessary, coordinating cooperation by other staff and volunteers.
- Experience working in administration and operations
- Experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel) and financial management systems
- Great communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Driver’s License and regular access to a car is required
- Ability to be available to address logistical or unexpected logistical issues as they arise
- Enjoys working with others and is a team player
- Deeply committed to United We Dream’s mission
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, at least one writing example, and salary requirement via email to email@example.com and include FLORIDA ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.