1. The COVID-19 Emergency Stimulus Package was passed and signed into law. Overall, this law puts corporations first and leaves out immigrant communities.
2. You can get tested and treated for COVID-19. There was $100 million dollars for healthcare providers included in the bill meant to financially assist hospitals and clinics to serve everyone who needs it. You should seek medical help if you need it.
a. If you have health insurance, testing should be covered and treatment will depend on your insurance.
b. If you do not have health insurance but are presenting symptoms, you can call a community health center near you and talk to a doctor. Find them here, UnitedWeDream.org/Healthcare. These centers will not turn away uninsured people and an additional $1 billion in the package goes directly to funding local community-based organizations.
3. Undocumented and many mixed-status households will not receive the cash assistance. The cash assistance is determined by your income. It also requires having a social security number. To receive a check you must:
a. Have filed a tax return for 2019 and/or 2018.
b. You and all dependents in your household must have social security numbers, like US citizens and DACA and TPS recipients. People who file with ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number) or who have dependents with ITINs are not eligible.
c. Checks will be for:
• $1,200 for individuals who earn up to $75,000 a year. Decreases as an individual’s salary increases.
• $2,400 for couples earning up to $150,000 a year.
• Extra $500 per child.
d. There’s an exception for people without a social security number but it is only for those married to someone in the military.
4. The stimulus law does not add any additional funding for ICE nor CBP! Thanks to our community’s efforts, this bill does not give more money to the deportation machine! It also puts restrictions in place so that funds from this bill cannot be transferred to ICE or CBP. This is a huge win for us!
5. This stimulus package is NOT enough, and we must demand for more! This stimulus package is not enough. Everyone, including all immigrants, must be included in all provisions and benefits of any future bill. Sign the petition to protect immigrants by Texting ACTION to 877877!
Thank you for claiming your free sticker! We receive a lot of requests so please allow up to two months for shipping. In the meantime, spread the word with others so they can get a sticker as well!