United We Dream (UWD) is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to make their voices heard and win victories so that all people can live free and thrive. We recruit, support, engage and empower young people and are creating a new generation of social justice leaders to change our world.
Our powerful network is made up of over 720,000 members, 100+ local groups across 28 states, and we reach over 5 million people online every month. We celebrate our diversity and believe in multi-ethnic, multi-racial, inter-generational intersectional solutions. Over 60% of our members are womxn and 20% identify as LGBTQ.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, building innovative technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. United We Dream is a fast-paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members; have trained thousands of individuals; and have supported countless local organizing groups. Today, United We Dream is arguably the most influential immigrant rights organization in the nation and a leading driver of progressive politics and strategy. Our brand is known around the world and we are proud to be driven by the hopes, dreams, decisions, and brilliance of directly impacted young people.
United We Dream (UWD) is looking for a visionary and effective Human Resources Coordinator to join our robust Operations Team. The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for obtaining and recording HR information, maintaining the HR database and assisting employees with enrollment procedures. The right person for this job is a highly motivated team player, critical thinker, with excellent writing and communications skills, willing learner, multi-tasker able to time manage effectively with our team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about UWD’s mission and political and cultural savvy. They must be committed to fight for freedom and dignity for all communities of color, are reliable and committed to meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment, all while working collaboratively across our teams.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. reporting to the Administrative and Human Resources Manager.
- Job posting after reviewed by hiring manager, HR manager, and COO
- Candidate tracking and weekly communication with hiring manager to move recruitment process along
- Communicating with potential job candidates, application receipts or denials, setting up interviews, exercises and reference checks
- Setting up employee checklists
- Issuing new employees with hiring packet, insurance enrollment packets
- Retirement Account onboarding
- Following up with managers and ensuring onboarding procedures have been completed by xxxx number of days
- Timesheet Tracking
- Update timesheets procedures
- Update timesheets calendars and communicate regularly with employees
- Reminders to employees and direct supervisors on completing timesheets
- Download and file reports for finance
- Building trackers and maintenance
- Charitable registrations
- State Corporate registrations
- Business Insurance tracker
- Tracking of employees and benefits
- Support and update HR Administrative Manager with trackers on employees and benefits to account for budget, start and end of benefits
- FSA account
- Insurance Tracking
- 403 B Tracker
- PTO Tracker
- COBRA notification requests and tracking
Abilities and Experience
- Quickly able to adapt to UWD’s voice
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Enjoys working with others and is a team player
- Ability to be part of intersecting teams and give and receive support as necessary
- Natural ability to build relationships, lead and train others
- Personal experience with the issues facing the UWD membership preferred; but not required
- Experience on immigrant youth/immigrant rights organizing and advocacy preferred
- Deeply committed to UWD’s mission and an ability to balance your burning passion for justice with a good sense of humor
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line.
Include the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- At least three professional references (references are not contacted until you’ve had a successful interview)
- Salary requirements, history, range or expectations attached as a separate file
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.