Schools and Institutions Join National Coming Out Day in Support of Undocumented Students
Join United We Dream in committing to and celebrating National Institutions Coming Out Day (NICOD)! On NICOD we uplift the schools and organizations who are working with and for undocumented students by sharing what they have committed to do within their schools via resource development, policy changes, and awareness events.
- National Institutions Coming Out Day
- When: Annually on April 19
- Where: In your classroom, school, district or organization!
- Why: We want to build with you! We want to highlight and know what you are doing at your school and or in your community to better support, work with and for undocumented students and their families.
- Where do I begin: Take the pledge to participate by filling out the “Pledge to Participate”.
- How: The commitment(s) do not have to be implemented by April 19th. By filling out the pledge you are committing to working on making them happen by the next NICOD.
NOTE: The pledge should be filled out by an individual who works at the school or organization and has the authority to make a decision based on the commitment(s) made.