Washington, D.C. – Today, United We Dream launched an update to Notifica, the only app of its kind to protect and connect immigrants and their families to immigration news and updates, resources on applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), and a preparedness plan for interactions with immigration or law enforcement. Notifica is an app by immigrant youth for immigrants, designed to keep immigrants connected, informed, and powerful!
- What You Need To Know, up-to-date information on the status of DACA and immigration policies instituted by the Biden administration.
- Guides for DACA Applicants with the latest updates on DACA in the courts, information about who qualifies, and other resources.
- UndocuHealth Hub with tools and resources to alleviate the stress and anxieties of our community, including wellness tips, grounding exercises, and upcoming webinars.
- A database of community resources with information about some of United We Dream’s local affiliates to help young people feel connected.
- Know Your Rights information to stay safe during an interaction with a deportation or law enforcement agent.
Cynthia Garcia, National Campaign Manager for Community Protection of United We Dream, said:
“Notifica has been instrumental in making immigrant communities feel safer during potential interactions with police and deportation agents from ICE and CBP. The main functions of ICE and CBP are to target, detain, and deport immigrants, and by providing a preparedness plan, a direct line to our MigraWatch Hotline, and Know Your Rights resources, Notifica gives immigrants security in the palm of their hands. The only way to ensure safety for immigrants from police, ICE and CBP is to defund and abolish them, but Notifica helps provide a layer of protection and some peace of mind. We are our own protectors, and Notifica is one of the ways technology helps communities keep themselves safe.
The addition of UndocuHealth mental wellness tips, a community resource database, guides for DACA applicants, and vital up-to-date information on immigration developments are a game changer! These resources will help immigrants stay connected, stay informed, and allow them to feel powerful. Giving our community news updates on developments will prove to be important as we continue to push the Biden administration on our demands for a pathway to citizenship for all undocumented people.”