You finally filled out all the necessary applications to solicit your DACA and have mailed your DACA Packet. Now what happens? Here are 5 steps and tips to use as you wait for USCIS to process your application:
Check your mail.
Once you have submitted your application, USCIS will send you a form I-797C, Notice of Action, this means they have received your application.
Log in to your USCIS account.
Don’t worry USCIS has created an account for you where you can check the status of your case. You will have 90 days to be able to log on and confirm your case. To access the account follow the steps on the letter. Once you are on your account:
- Add your personal information
- Email account to receive notifications and that will be the email address you will need to log in each time.
- You will need to change your account password.
- You should add your personal phone number where you will get access codes sent directly when trying to log in.
This account will remain for the cases you might submit in the future. On here you will be able to:
- Check on the progress of your current case.
- See the details of your past cases (once you have them!)
- Your cases will be sorted from the very first case to the most recent, scroll down to see the last case you filled.
Ask USCIS any questions you might have.
If you have any questions about your case you can use the USCIS inbox. Use this feature to send a message to an immigration services officer about your case.
Stay on top of notifications.
Lastly you be granted access to notices, biometric appointment letters, and estimated time windows of when you will receive correspondence from this agency in regards to your case. You will also receive these notices in the mail.