A judge in Texas has just ordered the DACA program to be partially ended. This ruling comes after our victory from the New York Federal court last year reinstating DACA in full. Here’s what this means:
- What does the ruling mean? It means that Hanen has sided with Republicans and has partially ended the DACA program. While new applications will no longer be approved, renewals will continue to move forward. The ruling goes into effect immediately.
- What happens to DACA recipients and DACA eligible youth?
- If you have DACA right now: you are still protected and will be able to continue renewing for now.
- If you are eligible for DACA but have never applied: DHS can still accept your application but will NOT be able to process it.
- Advance Parole will remain open for DACA Recipients.
- If your application for renewal is already being processed: your renewal should continue as normal.
- We are in this together. We are here for you and have your back. We were here before DACA and we are here to stay no matter what happens. Part of keeping our movement strong is you giving yourself the care you need in critical times like this. To get Undocu-health resources, text “UHEALTH” to 877-877.
- The Biden-Harris Administration must take action and provide permanent protections NOW! Biden has been in office for almost 6 months, and yet our community continues to be under constant attack. Today’s ruling is a reminder that our community needs permanent protections NOW!
- Democrats in Congress can deliver citizenship for millions of undocumented people NOW!. Biden and Democrats in Congress must ensure a pathway to citizenship stays in the reconciliation package before the August recess. The package must protect undocumented people, including DACA recipients, TPS holders, Farmworkers, and Essential Workers. Text “PATHWAY” to 877-877 to demand the Senate take action RIGHT NOW!
Text DACACALL to 877877 to get the latest updates.