The Fifth Circuit Court has agreed with anti-immigrant Judge Hanen, and has sent the decision back for Hanen to decide on the future of DACA. Despite this, DACA continues open for renewals, for now!
Judge Hanen had already ordered the partial end of the program last year – meaning that right now DACA is still in danger! Here’s what you need to know:
1. What does this ruling mean? DACA CONTINUES.
The Fifth Circuit decided against DACA and maintained the DACA program partially ended. This court is an anti-immigrant court, full of Trump appointed judges. They ended DAPA before and now they are coming after immigrant youth as well. The case will now go back to anti-immigrant Judge Hanen’s court.
2. What happens to DACA recipients and DACA eligible youth?
Nothing has changed!
- If you have DACA right now: you are still protected and will be able to continue renewing for now.
- If you are eligible for DACA but have never applied: DHS can still accept your application but will NOT be able to process it.
- Advance Parole will remain open to DACA recipients.
- If your first-time DACA application has not been granted as of July 16, 2021. DHS will NOT grant your request.
3. DACA is still in big danger!
Judge Hanen will have to review the new DACA rule. He’s tried to fully end DACA before, and he’s an anti-immigrant Republican-appointed judge. So together we must continue to fight. No matter what the court says, we know that DACA is right and legal.We have won before! We WILL do it again!
4. We are in this together.
DACA does not define us, we were here before DACA and we are here to stay no matter what happens. Part of keeping our movement strong is giving yourself the care you need in critical times like these. To get UndocuHealth resources, text “UHEALTH” to 877-877 or on our website.
5. Democrats must take action and provide permanent protections NOW!
Our families deserve to live in certainty and without fear. Biden and Congress cannot wait any longer and must act NOW to permanently protect all immigrant youth, our families and communities. Text “DACAINFO” to 877-877 to demand action RIGHT NOW!
Find more resources and the latest on DACA by visiting www.HomeIsHere.us