We need your help to get our message to Biden and Congress, and the best way to do this is to record our very own stories. Upload your videos on Twitter and Instagram and tag @UNITEDWEDREAM!
Posting the Video
- Post on your social media Twitter and Instagram.
- Try to keep it at 2 minutes or less
- Tag @UNITEDWEDREAM so we can share!
- Check your account settings. We can only share if your account is public!
Our Topline Messages: – Not a Script
Biden’s current executive orders and plans are not enough. We want policies that help ALL immigrants. We refuse to trade wins for some, in exchange for harm on others. Undocumented communities won’t win until EVERYONE wins.
This is not a political game for us. Our lives are on the line. We have felt every attack, deportation, detention, family separation and death under the Trump administration. We delivered for Biden and the Democrats, now it’s time they deliver for us. It’s time for Biden and the Democrats to deliver on the solutions immigrant young people have made clear by taking executive and legislative actions on day one.
We know our power and our worth. Our existence and our demands are undeniable! We won’t stop pushing the Biden administration to deliver what our people need.
Tips & Tricks to Getting Your Best Video:
Setting the scene:
- Use a neutral background that doesn’t have a lot of movement or things you don’t want people to see
- DO: solid wall, curtains, etc
DON’T: your bed, busy roads, TV on, etc
- For security purposes, we recommend you do not have any indicators of your location in the back (popular locations in your neighborhood, street signs, etc)
- Make sure that you have good lighting and your face shows clear away from shadows. The light should be from the front of you, not from the back
- Do not record in the dark if you do not have a light illuminating your face.
- Minimize audio distractions if possible (echo, dogs barking, other people talking, TV, etc)
- Test your sound! If the microphone on your phone/camera isn’t the best, test out using the mic from your headphones
Feeling and looking good:
- Wear a solid color shirt and have a background you feel comfortable having the public see. (Ex. a solid color wall)
- This is a 501c3 campaign. If you wear a candidate or political advocacy shirt please make sure it is c3 permissible! Check with your organizer if you have any questions.
- Dress how you feel comfortable, no need to feel like you should dress up. Dress how you want to present yourself to the public.
- Practice what you’re going to say before you record.
- Take a test video and make sure you look fine and the audio is good.
- Don’t feel like you have to get it right on the first take. It takes time!
Making Your Video:
State (if comfortable)
Job (if comfortable)
Status (if comfortable)
Example: “Hello! My name is Rihanna. I’m a singer and businesswoman living in Los Angeles, and I am an immigrant from Barbados demanding Joe Biden to…”
Prompt: “Why is it so important for Biden to fully deliver on our demands? What is at stake for immigrant communities?”
Example: “Hello! My name is Rihanna. I’m a singer and businesswoman living in Los Angeles, and I am an immigrant from Barbados. Biden’s current executive orders and plans are not enough. We need policies that help ALL immigrants. This is not a political game for us. Our lives are on the line.
I am demanding the Biden Administration to…..
- Defund ICE and CBP
- Hold ICE & CBP accountable for the pain and deaths of immigrants they’ve caused.
- A moratorium for ALL immigrants on enforcement and deportation
- Release immigrants held in ICE and CBP detention
- The right for people to come home who have been deported.
- Citizenship for all 11 million undocumented people living in the U.S.
Example: “Hello! My name is Rihanna. I’m a singer and businesswoman living in Los Angeles, and I am an immigrant from Barbados. Biden’s current executive orders and plans are not enough. We need policies that help ALL immigrants. This is not a political game for us. Our lives are on the line. I am demanding the Biden administration to extend the moratorium to stop deportations of ALL immigrants, not just some. No more deportations!